20160102 Log

From GNU MediaGoblin Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
[18:01] <chaosgoblin> ######################

[18:01] <chaosgoblin> Meeting started Sat Jan  2 17:01:00 2016 UTC.  The chair is breton. Information about the meeting agenda at http://wiki.mediagoblin.org/Meeting#Next_Meeting

[18:01] <chaosgoblin> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #info #idea #link #topic.

[18:01] <breton> Oh

[18:01] <breton> Topics:

[18:01] <breton> - 0.9.0

[18:01] <breton> - FOSDEM

[18:02] <R13ose> - 0.8.2

[18:04] <breton> OK then!

[18:04] <R13ose> Is mediagoblin down?

[18:04] --> shymega has joined #mediagoblin

[18:04] <breton> wow

[18:04] <breton> seems like ti

[18:05] <breton> looks like the whole server is down

[18:07] <breton> it's NY now, so I guess when everyone wakes up after it they will fix it

[18:08] <breton> anyway

[18:08] <breton> - 0.9.0

[18:08] <breton> #topic 0.9.0

[18:08] <breton> I've pushed some code with the new admin media panel

[18:09] <R13ose> I remember talk to chris about making Python 3 one of the big things that gets fixed in 0.9.0 as there are a lot of tickets related to that.

[18:09] <breton> the code from old gsoc and was finally rebased

[18:10] -*- breton shrugs

[18:10] <R13ose> which old gsoc?

[18:10] <breton> 2014 one

[18:10] <breton> I could takle py3

[18:10] <breton> anyway, I have vacation till the 10th of January

[18:11] <breton> and I expect to code something for MG

[18:11] <breton> I didn't plan py3 though

[18:11] <breton> maybe not in 0.9.0, maybe in 1.0

[18:11] <R13ose> Is there a timeline for release of 0.9.0?

[18:12] <breton> I'd like to release it at FOSDEM

[18:12] <breton> (which I plan to attend, though don't have visa yet)

[18:12] <breton> it's in ~28 days from now

[18:13] <R13ose> Maybe making Thursday ticket days bigger would help get that out and move py3 closer too.

[18:13] <-- shymega left (Quit: My uptime! The goggles do nothing!)

[18:14] <breton> or make thursday ticket days py3-tickets days

[18:14] <breton> (for some time)

[18:15] <R13ose> that could work better

[18:15] <breton> lets have it next Thursday then!

[18:15] <R13ose> I will get everyone who wants my help with tickets to focus on py3 tickets

[18:16] --> shymega has joined #mediagoblin

[18:17] <breton> awesome

[18:17] <breton> lets get to the next topic

[18:17] <breton> #topic FOSDEM

[18:18] <breton> I just wanted to tell that I still don't have visa for Belgium and still not sure that I'm going

[18:18] <breton> the application is in the embassy though

[18:18] <breton> not sure if Chris and Jessica need visas

[18:19] <R13ose> What is happening there?

[18:19] <breton> I don't know. People talk I guess.

[18:20] <R13ose> Can you followup with Chris and Jessica about FOSDEM?

[18:20] <breton> when I get the visa, yes

[18:21] <ersi> (Jessica don't need a visa by the way)

[18:21] <-- shymega left (Quit: My uptime! The goggles do nothing!)

[18:22] <breton> OK, and the next topic

[18:22] <breton> #topic 0.8.2

[18:23] <breton> I don't really know what to tell about it

[18:23] <breton> have all fixes that were before that security bug got into 0.8.1?

[18:23] <R13ose> not sure what you are asking but 0.8.1 was released.

[18:24] <R13ose> Well from the tickets I looked at before, most of the 0.8.2 ones left are Jessica's.

[18:26] <R13ose> shouldn't 0.8.2 be out before 0.9.0?

[18:27] <breton> nope

[18:27] <breton> they are independent I think

[18:29] <breton> from what I see

[18:29] <breton> the changes between 0.8.0 and that security fix are in 0.8.1 now

[18:29] <breton> my guess is that it makes 0.8.2 low priority

[18:31] <R13ose> well, what about Jessica's tickets?  Don't they move into 0.9.0 after they are fixed in 0.8.2?

[18:31] <breton> after they are fixed in 0.8.2 they will automatically get to 0.9.0

[18:32] <breton> (if 0.9.0 is not released)

[18:32] <breton> if 0.9.0 is released... I am not sure that we will support 0.8.x any more

[18:32] <larjona> oh, late to the meeting

[18:32] -*- larjona will read backlog now and try to catch up

[18:34] <R13ose> well, I think my timeline should be 0.8.2 then 0.9.0 but if people higher in the project see this differently that is okay.

[18:36] <breton> I think it's not "higher in the project" thing :) I think it's just who wants to work on these releases

[18:37] --> titoko has joined #mediagoblin

[18:37] <larjona> Well, I suppose the question is if tsyesika can get the fixes for 0.8.2 and release, before FOSDEM

[18:38] <R13ose> Jessica has said that the tickets will be worked on soon but she is busy busy.

[18:41] <breton> OK then!

[18:41] <breton> thanks everyone for attending

[18:41] <breton> #endmeeting

[18:41] <chaosgoblin> Meeting ended Sat Jan  2 17:41:40 2016 UTC.  Minutes:        http://mediagoblin.org/irclogs/irc_meeting-2016-01-02.html

[18:41] <chaosgoblin> Minutes (text): http://mediagoblin.org/irclogs/irc_meeting-2016-01-02.txt

[18:41] <chaosgoblin> Log:            http://mediagoblin.org/irclogs/irc_meeting-2016-01-02.log.html

[18:41] <chaosgoblin> ######################



Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox