Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 12:21, 12 December 2011 by Willkg (updated release process; fleshed some things out; moved some things around)
Steps to release
Here's the list of steps to do a release.
- Verify with others on IRC that we're good to go.
- Do a git fetch and make sure you have the latest code.
- Do a tx pull -a and make sure you have the latest translations.
- Run the unit tests: ./runtests.sh If any tests fail, proceed no further!
- Update version numbers in these files:
- Tag: git tag -a vX.Y.Z
- Build the tarfile. ./maketarball.sh -r vX.Y.Z
- Push the tarball to the web-site: add tarball to
site/static/download/directory in mediagoblin-website repository and then push the site live
- Update on PYPI - FIXME - need to set this up
- Update sites:
- on identi.ca
- on diaspora
- on Facebook (Deb)
- on Twitter
- our mailing list, encouraging people to fave, like, repost, etc.
- the GNU mailing list, aka email@example.com "plain text is greatly preferred" omit screenshots or replace with links.
- For 1.0 and other major versions after that one
- write to Zonker
- see if the FSF will blog or announce
Post release process
- change version number to the next one +
-devin files listed above