From GNU MediaGoblin Wiki
Revision as of 09:52, 4 November 2011 by Eximious
Here's the list of steps to do a release.
- Verify with others on IRC that we're good to go.
- Do a git fetch and make sure you have the latest code.
- Do a tx pull -a and make sure you have the latest translations.
- Run the unit tests: ./runtests.sh If any tests fail, proceed no further!
- Update version numbers in
- Tag: git tag -a vX.Y.Z
- Build the tarfile. ./maketarball.sh -r vX.Y.Z
- Push the tarball to the site: see Update the website and add tarball to
- Update sites: PYPI, etc FIXME - need to set this up
- Announce the release
* on identi.ca * on diaspora * on Facebook (Deb) * on Twitter * our mailing list, encouraging people to fave, like, repost, etc. * reddit * digg * the GNU mailing list *** For 1.0 and other major versions after that one * write to Zonker * LinuxJournal * LWN * see if the FSF will blog or announce