From GNU MediaGoblin Wiki
Revision as of 08:45, 4 June 2015 by Cwebber
Steps to release
Here's the list of steps to do a release.
- Update AUTHORS file
- check git commits
- ask on mailing list
- other ways?
- Update documentation
- update README
- update docs/source/siteadmin/relnotes.rst
- update install guide
- other things?
- Verify with others on IRC that we're good to go.
- Do a git fetch and make sure you have the latest code.
- Do a ./devtools/update_translations.sh and make sure you have the latest translations.
- Do a ./devtools/maketarball.sh -dr HEAD to make sure building the docs and tarball works. If any errors, proceed no further!
- Do a git clean -fdx to wipe all non-repository files out (THIS DELETES EVERYTHING), go through hacking howto to reinstall.
- Run the unit tests: ./runtests.sh If any tests fail, proceed no further!
- Update version numbers in mediaboglin/_version.py
- Tag: git tag -a vX.Y.Z (consider --sign to create a signed tag).
- Push the tag to origin: git push origin vX.Y.Z
- Update stable branch to current release and push to origin
- Build the tarfile. ./devtools/maketarball.sh -r vX.Y.Z (Note, you may have to do this in a virtualenv... source bin/activate before running)
- Push the tarball to the web-site: add tarball to site/static/download/ directory in mediagoblin-website repository and then push the site live
- Update on PYPI - ./bin/python setup.py sdist bdist_egg upload
- Blog post
- Chris sends Deb technical highlights
- Deb drafts post
- Chris adds screenshots/links
- We send the post to press contacts
- Two days later we publish everywhere (see below)
Places we Update
- on identi.ca
- on diaspora
- on Facebook (Deb)
- on Twitter
- our mailing list, encouraging people to fave, like, repost, etc.
- the GNU mailing list, aka firstname.lastname@example.org "plain text is greatly preferred" omit screenshots or replace with links.
- write to Zonker
- see if the FSF will blog or announce
Post release process
- change version number to the next one +
-devin files listed above
- add new milestone to Trac