We are applying to be a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2012 this year.
At the time of writing we haven't been accepted yet, but here are some ideas the team had collected:
How do I apply as a student?
Well, we need to be accepted as a mentoring org first :)
- Submit your application (details coming soon)
- Join us on IRC and on our mailing lists
- Set up a development environment via our HackingHowto
It's important that you communicate... most MediaGoblin communication happens on IRC, so you should join there and discuss!
- More thorough tests; add test coverage script
- Multi-file submission tool
- Drag and drop file submission
- LDAP or other central authentication system plugin
- "podcast feed" support
- Kuneco development (OStatus federatoin library)
- Next generation lxml-based feed support
- PubSubHubbub hub WSGI application