This page describes MediaGoblin's appearance and style. If you're looking to contribute to its design, this is good reading material.
By default, MediaGoblin the software and many of the MediaGoblin websites use a dark, relatively neutral theme. While beauty is important, we try to keep the theme simple and avoid unnecessary decoration. One of the reasons for this is that we believe MediaGoblin itself should stay in the background and put media in the spotlight. Another is that this makes it easier for others to theme their own MediaGoblin instances, which is also why we try to use as little images as possible in the design.
- Text: we use a typeface called Lato, created by Łukasz Dziedzic. The MediaGoblin logo is a custom design, though it takes hints from Lato.
- Background: a very dark grey with a slight texture. The texture was added to make it easier to distinguish the background from media with similar colors. Fallback color is #161616.
- Text grey: #C3C3C3. Used for: body text.
- Pure white: #FFFFFF. Used for: headers, logo.
- Highlight green: #86D4B1. Used for: links, button backgrounds.
- Faint red: #D49086. Used for: form headers.
Many other colors based on these hues are used across the MediaGoblin and related websites.
Besides the regular theme, we've created a lighter version for use on the wiki, documentation and other places that might require reading longer pieces of text. It is meant to increase readability through the use of a light background and higher contrast.
Get and use the MediaGoblin logo at http://www.mediagoblin.org/pages/logo.html